In accepting the scholarship, awardees agree to the following scholarship conditions:
- Commence the Scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered, unless DFAT has agreed to defer the commencement of the awardee’s studies until DFAT is satisfied that the awardee is ready to do so
- Participate in the pre-departure briefing arranged by the Program Area and participate in the institution’s compulsory Introductory Academic Program when the awardee arrives in Australia
- Undertake only the approved course of study for which the Scholarship is offered, abide by the rules of the institution, submit all assessment items required for the course, sit examinations and complete their course of study and Scholarship by the scholarship end date
- Obey the laws that apply in Australia and act in a manner that will not bring disrepute to DFAT, and
- Leave Australia for a minimum of two years at the end of, or termination of, the awardee’s Scholarship and acknowledge that any time spent in Australia during the two-year exclusion period will extend the end date of the exclusion period.
For full details of scholarship obligations, please read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.