Women’s Leadership Program Cohort 6 – Newsletter 2
Posted: 5 March 2020
Orientation Retreat: From December 7th through to the 8th December, 19 participants of the Women’s Leadership Program Cohort 6 took part in a two-day orientation retreat at the Red Rock Resort.
The orientation retreat focused on the first outcome of the Program: improved leadership and decision-making skills and covered topics pertaining to self-reflection, team building, leadership styles, project management and women in leadership. Participants practiced multiple experiential and entertaining activities to demonstrate leadership skills and teamwork. The WLP participants have been formed into a project teams and have commenced designing their community development projects.
The two-day orientation agenda was as follows:
- Individual differences and personal style assessment (Mr. Walter Jenkins, Zorig Foundation USA)
- Team-building Activities (RADAR training center)
- Project Management (Mr. Marc Tasse, Project Management Institute)
- Community development project briefing (Zorig Foundation, Australia Awards in Mongolia)
- Introduction to leadership (Mr. Walt Jenkins, Zorig Foundation USA)
- How to lead within a team (Coach Changer)
- Team-building Activity (Zorig Foundation)
- Women’s Leadership in Politics (Ms. Kirsten Livermore, Team Leader Australia Mongolia Extractives Program, Former MP)